Sociological Association of Ireland
Annual Postgraduate Conference
Host - Maynooth University
Saturday 19th November 2016
This is an open call, so papers on any research theme will be considered for inclusion in the conference programme. Given the year that’s in it, however, papers on the theme of memory and commemorationwould be especially welcome.
You are invited to submit a presentation in either of the following formats:
- Individual presentation: a conference paper of 20 minutes duration
- Themed group presentation: panels on any topic may also be submitted. The standard format for panels is 3 presentations of 20 minutes. The panel proposal must be submitted by one person and must include all participant names and abstracts for each presentation.
The conference will feature several special events geared towards the research process:
- Getting started – using theory and refining a research topic
- Getting finished – writing up and preparing for the via
- Getting published – preparing articles for journals
- Wine reception
Please send your proposals to email@example.com no later than Monday 12 September 2016. Proposals should provide the name, affiliation and contact details of the presenter(s). They should also include a title and an abstract (250 words) and indicate the proposed presentation format.
- 19 September Deadline for submissions
- 07 October Deadline for confirmation of acceptance of papers
- 28 October Publication of conference programme
- 19 November Annual Conference
You can register for the conference here. Registration is FREE but you must be a current SAI member in order to present or attend. Annual postgraduate membership costs €25 and can be renewed here.
If you have queries regarding the annual postgraduate conference please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org